Dec 04, 2023
The option in Sports Management is designed for students seeking a career in the sports field and who have not yet decided on an area of concentration or expertise in that field. This option provides a platform for transfer to four year institutions for further study.
The Sports Management option provides a combination of business, liberal arts and sports management courses, which include contemporary and current information and communication skills necessary in today’s sports industry.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- Identify the local, domestic and international aspects and trends in sports management.
- Incorporate relevant business practices, information technology and management skills and apply them to sports management.
- Apply the necessary communication skills required to be a successful Sports Administrator and Manager.
- Define, describe and explain basic sports management principles that can apply to the field of sport.
||Professional Sports Scout
||Sports Marketing Specialist
|Director: Athletics, Corporate Fitness
||University Athletics Administrator
||Professional Team General Manager
||Health Club Owner/Operator
||Collegiate Sport Marketer
Recommended Semester Sequence
- Natural Science Elective 4 Credit(s)
- Social Science Elective 3 Credit(s)
- Mathematics: One 4-cr Mathematics or [One 3 cr Math + One 1-cr INF] 4 Credit(s)
- Humanities Electives 6 Credit(s)
General Education Requirements
Humanities Electives *
Two general education courses selected from the following fields, with no more than one course in any one field: Arts (Art [ART], Music [MUS], Theatre Arts [THR], Cinema Studies [CIN]); History (HIS); Literature (LIT); Philosophy and Religion (PHR); World Languages and Cultures (LAN).
Social Science Elective *
One general education course selected from the following fields: Economics (ECO); Geography (GEO); Political Science (POL); Psychology (PSY); Sociology (SOC) and Anthropology (ANT).
Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Mathematics Elective - Recommended: MAT-150 3 Credit(s)
- Technology - Recommended: INF-102 1 Credit(s)
Natural Science Electives
Total Credit Hours: 60
Specific Program Notes
Students are encouraged to take their courses in semester sequence order.
Please note that required courses may have prerequisites. Click on each course to view details.
*General Education Elective(s) .
**Recommended Free Elective: IST-123